Pages

Sunday 20 June 2021

Alfonsus Personal reading log

 Personal Reading Log Term 1 📖📚📖📚📖.

Date & Title.

Summary of What you Read.

23/2/2021, Animals Talk.

Animal talk tells us everything about animals. It's like the Poison dart frog, if you go near it,the  colours will start to glow and that's a warning that something will happen. It's also like a humpback whale,when there are

 big sharks around, it makes creaking, groaning, chirping , or humming  noises to let the other whales know some killer whales are coming to attack them.

24/2/ 2021, Animal talk.

What I learnt on animal talk is about dolphins. Mum dolphins have their own noises so when dolphins give birth to a baby the child will know who their mother is.

08/3/2021, Hero of the sea.

The book that I read is Hero of the sea. It was about this baby that was born in 1948, on Auckland’s North Shore. The family loved sailing on the Hauraki Gulf. Peter saw dolphins leap and whales slide past, and his father showed him the different birds.

10/3/2021, Hero of the sea

What I read from this book is that, In 1973 Peter sailed in the first ever Whitbread Round the World Race . Their yacht - one of the crew had to sleep under an umbrella. Then, in giant waves, the boat started to break apart. They had to stop racing while they made repairs.

11/3/2021, Hero of the sea 

The book that I read about is when Peter had always loved the bird and animal life of the ocean. He wrote, this is the most beautiful world, and  it’s the only one we’ ve got.’’ 

12/3/2021, Hero of the sea

The story that I read is that Pippa was an expedition artist, and she drew riverbanks, jungle and water. They saw piranha, pink dolphins, alligator, and turtles

16/3/ 2021, New book,  Time machine Magazine Valor and Victory.

The new book that I read about is that thirteen - year old Nate Winstead took off down the track, running as fast as his legs would carry him. His arms pumped feverishly. His breath came in a short gasp. The joke was over.  The boys and girls on Nate’s track and field team cheered loudly. Nate could tell their enthusiasm wasn’t for him, though. It was for his cousin ,Rachel, who breezed along beside him.

24/3/2021 , Superman The  man of tomorrow.

The book that I read about is if you knew superman when he was a kid you would never call him ‘’ super ‘’. He grew up in a little farming town that most people have never heard of. I definitely wasn’t stronger or better at sports 

3/5/2021/ Term 2, THOR


Today I was reading this NEW BOOK  called THOR. It was about the all- Father that didn’t act without thought. Now, as the sun shone over Asgard and the buildings were illuminated by its ray, gleaming like gold, he thought long and hard. Then the realm’s edge, the darkness of the cosmos spread out like a calm sea.

3/5/2021/ Term 2, THOR

Today after lunch I read the book for and the 4 lines that I read was, Thor was not his father. Thor was impulsive and hotheaded. He still had much to learn about the value of patience. Alas, Odin had no more time left to teach.

5/5/2021, Super-man

Today I was reading a book about Superman and the words that I was reading about are when the S.U.V. was protecting Jump-city from monsters,robots, and other stuff.

15/6/2021, Kowhai and the Giants.

So there was this tree called Kowhai. It lived in the rainforest and it was surrounded by big trees and one day british people came to Ateoroa and then they started to cut them down and make a village.

15/6/2021, Tom Gates

What I read during the middle block, what it was The Half - term Holiday is coming up next week and EVERYONE in the whole school is just a little bit excited. It takes a while for their class to settle down. Marcus won’t even sit still and keep Jumping around on his chair. 

16/62021, What On Earth? Trees!

What I read today for 15 minutes from this book is a poem about trees so the poem goes like “ Maples are red, ash leaves turn brown, holly leaves stay green all year round. Beech trees can’t really make up their mind, for purple or green leaves are easy to find. Birch trees and hazel are easy to see, with bright yellow leaves when they fall from the tree.

17/6/2021, Temple Run, run for your life.

What I read today is the Temple run, the story is about when this group plus me as a character went looking for this famous explorer. So me and my team went to the icy jungle to find him because that was the last place that they marked where he was. 

17/6/2021, Temple Run.

The pages that I form are 58 to 64. This book is  really interesting because Barry and I went on a plane and we forgot to put in some gas so the plane was about to fall down so Barry said that I should jump by myself with the parachute.

17/6/2021, Temple Run.

WhatI read from this book is that Barry and I landed safely so we got off the plaine and we started hiking from there. We looked at this wooden house on top of the hill. Our group was deciding that one of our partners should climb up the cliff and try to find out what is up there.

20/6/2021, Dolphins and sharks.

Today I finished this book called Dolphins and Sharks. This morning I remembered that I finished reading 2 books already so I thought I should read another and another, to be successful with my goals at school. There were lots of interesting words in this book and it was non fiction so there was this story and it was around 1956 and this fisherman wanted to go diving. He saw in the view and when he went inside it was really fresh and he was actually afraid because there were tiger sharks. The sharks weren't actually moving and also their eyes were opening and they were resting and really still. Scientists found the cave and there was actually salt water mixed with fresh water. So they thought that the water was too fresh so the sharks became calm and restful so they stopped moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment