Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2021

Alfonsus ll My Holiday story

Today me and my family was doing an umu on labour holiday just for fun and celebrate the holidays, I wrote down the story down below for what I done and there is some pictures there too. 


On Labour holidays me and the family had a umu at home in the backyard, we just did this to celebrate the holidays. The first thing we had to do for the umu was get some food from Pak N Save, second we dug a hole into the ground so we could put a BBQ drum into it. When we finished doing that we started to put the food on to the drum, I could hear the dog’s barking maybe because they could smell the meat, I could even hear the flames coming from the fire. We covered the whole drum with a plastic material and then we put rocks on the side and on the edge you know so it doesn’t blow away. While we were waiting I was inside just playing games for a while, when it was almost ready I saw my mum outside and straight away I could smell the food flowing through my mouth. When I got down the steps my mum told me that I have to go ask my cousin what time it is so that we can get the food ready because we have to leave it there for around an hour. It takes around an hour and ten minutes. We took the material and the rocks off. The meat and the rest of the umu was already ready. We put the food inside a tray and took it inside. It looked really delicious. While we were at the table I felt happy that everybody in the family could come together and eat together. Just looking at the food I felt like eating the whole thing but I had to share. When we all at the table and everything was ready I was the that had to say grace, the kind of grace that I do is like “at the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit, God bless our food amen, at the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit amen”.






No comments:

Post a Comment