Pages

Monday 17 May 2021

My trip sailing

 



On 13/5 2021 my class and I ( TWP4 ) and another class called ( TWP8 ) went on a trip. The trip was to go sailing, on the bus to this sailing place near Mission BAy. When we all got there the people that are teaching us introduced them to us. After that we all got into groups of three. My partners were Pauliasi, and Alekisio. 


They set us into groups of three so we can all try and work out how to put all of the pieces together to use the boat. After finishing all of the boats we started to name it, we named ours ( MMT SEASHELLS ). We called it MMT which means Mate’ MAA TONGA because everyone in the group was Tongan.


I was chosen as a captain for our team so I was steering the boat. Pauliasi was the one that was pulling the sail and Alekisio was the deckhand, so he had to make sure there weren't hips of water and to look  if we bump into something.

_________________________________________________


What I liked about sailing is from that day I learned that if you have to balance it so it doesn’t flip over or sink but it also depends on my steering. 


What I didn't like about sailing is when there were heaps of water in the boat and it was hard to steer.


I enjoyed the day of sailing because the MMT team worked together as a team. And I hope there will be another day of sailing in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment