Pages

Saturday 3 July 2021

Coakly's pearl

 Story for today

On the farewell day with our principal Paul Coakly my mum gave two sets of pearls as a present to him and his wife so my mum made a pearl necklace and pearl earrings for Mr Coaklys wife and a pearl necklace for Paul Coakley. She handmade all of it from her pearl farm in Vava’u. When I was in Vava’u I always saw my  mum work on her pearls and the farm. So every morning she went on her little boat called Titanic to clean the ropes and put the oysters in the rope after seeding it. Sometimes I gave my mum a hand to clean the shells and put oil on the shells before stacking them in a drum. I know it is a hard job because it takes four - six years before you get the pearls so when you harvest the pearls then my mum can carve to make earrings and necklaces. 

 

 

When my mum told me she will give Mr and Miss Coakly a present I was really happy and really proud of her because it took so many years for her to work to get one pearl. I know my mum really enjoys being happy and likes to work on her pearl farm. 

 

Thank You mum for the lovely present for my Principal.


No comments:

Post a Comment